Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ooof

Man, that was a long month. Once again I failed in my effort to post more often, and to post some pictures. It was a busy, busy month. Folk Fest, lots of work, some really stupid committee crap to deal with. There has, happily, been some knitting, and a bit of an epiphany, too.

I've been working on socks, the clap (I'm utterly sure I'm not the only one who giggles a bit at that), Xmas knitting, and the obligatory unnecessary new project (Girasole, who am I to fight the tide?) I have been knitting and tinking and frogging and basically getting really unhappy with my knitting and getting nowhere.

So last night I decide I'm just going to finish the freaking Monkey (link for the three people left on teh interweb who have not yet started this pattern) that I've been working on for far too long, and won't work on anything else till I do. And guess what, nearly done the first sock. Huh, so, committing to a project might actually help me to finish that project. Who knew? This might be going somewhere.

I've got some major project decisions to make soon. I'm going to be spending 3 days at a cabin with my sister. I've got to pack some knitting. Now, my problem here is 3 days in a cabin with my sister!!! And my other problem is most of the knitting I'm doing right now is Xmas knits for my sis or neice (the clap is for her, yes, I'm giving my sister the clap for Christmas, it's the gift that keeps on giving. Seriously, I have a million of these, don't forget to tip your waitress!)

So, I have 3 days, including some fairly long drives, where I can do some serious knitting, a pressing need for something to distract both myself and my sister (I love my sister dearly, but she's my older sister, much older sister, she used to carry me around like a baby doll when I was little, luckily I've got 60lbs on her now, lol), and I have to pick some projects that won't wind up under her tree this December.

So I'm think Girasole, and I'll put off the other Monkey until the cabin. I really, really, really want to bring along 5 or 6 projects, but I've learned something big about myself today, and should probably actually pay attention to it, this time around.

No comments: