Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 Things, part deux

Part uno here.

11. I learned to knit when I was 7 or so, but didn't learn anything other than a knit stitch, so made the world's most boring and itchy doll blankets and scarves for a couple of months, then gave up.
12. I've largely taught myself to knit using the internet (Oh You Tube, where would I be without knitting videos and every episode of Spaced?)
13. Further on the above, I taught myself to read when I was 3 (not that astounding, my older siblings were all in school and I desperately wanted to do EVERYTHING they were doing, all the time.)
14. My favorite author is JRR Tolkein.
15. Despite all geeky appearances, I have never dressed up in character costume for a comic-con.
16. With my friends, I consider #15 a personal accomplishment (Arcturian Space Bunny being a popular costume among some of my girl-friends.)
17. I have a (nearly) 16 year old son, and this freaks the hell out of me on a daily basis.
18. I love spicy, exotic foods. Favorite cuisines are Laotian, Nigerian, Sechuan and Indian of any sort.
19. I can make moccasins.
20. Despite the fact that my parents only spoke English, my father's accent was so thick that I often had to translate for him when I was a child.

No comments: